Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks


Just thought I'd spread some Thanksgiving cheer.

Spread. Ha. (That one is courtesy of my friend, Lo, who will be making frequent appearances in this blog.)

I've been a little down in the dumps this week. May have something to do with the fact that I'm stuck in D.C. working all weekend. Yes, I'm an idiot and decided to work retail during the holiday season to earn some extra cash. Didn't really occur to me that Thanksgiving weekend and the weeks leading up to Christmas are the busiest shopping times of the year, and hence, store managers become Nazis and don't allow their employees to request time off.

The funny part about it is, I work at a prom and bridal boutique. I highly doubt customers will be lined up at our door at 5 a.m. to try on evening gowns. Who knows, though? There could be some people who enjoy gaining 15 lbs. of turkey weight, then rushing over to the mall and attempting to squeeze into a dress of their pre-Thanksgiving size.

Ah, it's gonna be a fun holiday weekend!

No more sulking, though. Time to count my blessings...just a little fashionably late in getting there.

I'm thankful that my parents (and hopefully my dog, too!) are making the drive to D.C. to have Thanksgiving in my apartment so I'm not sitting alone with Chinese watching the Lifetime movie network all day. It won't be the ideal setting. And I'll def. miss my Grandma's pies and my aunt's sweet tea, but we'll be together, and that's what counts. (Cue "Barney" theme song).

I'm thankful for my friends. They put up with a lot from me and my lackadaisicalness. I'll miss my hometown friends this weekend, but I will make up for it at our annual holiday party next Sat.

I'm thankful for The Hoff. He's helped me enjoy living in our nation's capital more and more.

I'm thankful that even though I was laid off from my dream job, I finally got motivated enough to start this blog so my creative writing skills don't deteriorate to nothing.

I'm thankful for the realization that there is another dream job for me out there. My life didn't peak at 23 (at least I sure hope not.) I just need some extra reassurance every now and then to get me there. That's where you come in, dear readers.

Remember to take some time this Thanksgiving to give thanks. Hope everyone has a fabulous, fashionably late Thanksgiving!




1 comments on "Give Thanks"

LBluca77 on November 26, 2008 at 4:50 PM said...

The last thing I want to do after eating my weight in turkey is try on dresses.

I hope the rest of your weekend is better.

Happy thanksgiving.

 

Running Fashionably Late Copyright 2010 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipietoon.

Customized by LivitLuvit.